Reopening of SchoolsYesterday, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) announced that the adjusted daily case rate for the County is below 25 cases per 100,000 population and, so, has met the threshold for reopening elementary schools. In order to meet all state and county requirements prior to reopening, schools must accomplish the following:
- Complete the state’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, and post it to the school or district website
- Send the complete COVID-19 Safety Plan to the state’s “Safe Schools for All” team at K12csp@cdph.ca.gov for review
- Send the complete COVID-19 Safety Plan to LACDPH at TASchoolSupport@ph.lacounty.gov for review
- Complete a LACDPH Reopening Protocol for Schools (Appendix T1) for each individual facility that is reopening, post it to the school or district website, and send it to LACDPH at TASchoolSupport@ph.lacounty.gov for review. This document will also need to be physically displayed at each open school facility, as described within the protocol.
Additional information and timelines will be provided later this week.
VaccinesWe have been working to establish partnerships within the community to distribute the vaccine more locally. I am happy to announce that the first of those partnerships has materialized with the Duarte Performing Arts Center. The Duarte Performing Arts Center will be an available point of distribution for Monrovians, as well as members of nearby communities who are age 65 and older. Please feel free to share this information within the community. Interested and eligible individuals should complete a request form to be contacted to schedule an appointment.
The first round of appointments will be scheduled Saturday, February 20, and Sunday, February 21, 2021. During this first dose appointment, all participants will be scheduled for their second dose of the vaccine that will take place on Saturday, March 20, and Sunday, March 21, 2021. Both vaccination appointments will be conducted at the Duarte Performing Arts Center, at 1401 Highland Ave., Duarte, CA.
I am grateful to our partners at the Duarte Performing Arts Center and the LACDPH for working quickly together to provide this service. Many thanks to the Duarte USD team for spearheading this effort. The following school districts and communities are included within this outreach effort:
- Arcadia Unified School District
- Azusa Unified School District
- Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Duarte Unified School District
- El Monte City School District
- El Monte Union High School District
- Monrovia Unified School District
- San Gabriel Unified School District
Dr. Katherine Thorossian