Meet the Board of Education
Meet the Board of Education
Traci recently retired after having served as principal of Morningside High School in the Inglewood Unified School District. Prior to taking on the principal-ship at Morningside, she served as the Coordinator of Student Services in Greenfield Union School in Greenfield, California. She briefly served as Principal of Vista Verde Middle School also in the rural community of Greenfield. Her time in Greenfield was preceded by four years spent as principal in the Los Angeles Unified School District at Samuel Gompers Middle School, one of the most challenging schools in the urban community of South Los Angeles.
Traci L. Gholar earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego. She also has a Master of Arts degree in Educational Leadership from Point Loma Nazarene University. Traci is a passionate educator who is fueled by the core values of collaboration, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Contact Traci by phone at (626) 803-8400 or by email at [email protected]
Jennifer earned her MS degree in Applied Mathematics from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California, and has taught mathematics from basic math through Calculus at Cal Poly Pomona and Pasadena City College.
Jennifer has served Monrovia schools in the following areas:
- PTA President (Mayflower & Santa Fe)
- PTA Council President (current)
- Founding President Monrovia Robotics Advisory Board
- MASA Booster President (current)
- Monrovia High School Band Boosters
- Monrovia Unified School District Taskforce to Reopen Our Schools
- Monrovia Unified School District Arts for All Committee
- Monrovia Unified School District Discipline Committee
- Monrovia Unified School District Local Control Accountability Plan
- Monrovia Unified School District Anti-Vaping Committee
- Monrovia Superstars of Music
- Cougarobotics and Monrovia Robotics
- GATE Coordinator for 4th/5th graders at Mayflower Elementary School
Rob was born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley. He moved to Monrovia in 1986, and has been a local business owner for 25 years. Rob is married with two children who attended Monrovia schools.
Rob can be reached at (626) 841-0791 or [email protected].
Maritza Travanti is married to Neil Travanti and together they have two daughters, one of whom is a student at Monrovia High School.
Maritza’s past experience as a School Site Council Chair at Bradoaks Elementary, School Site Council Vice-Chair at Clifton Middle School, PTSA Auditor at Clifton Middle School, and many volunteer school hours along with years of government and policy experience inspired her to continue to make a difference with Monrovia Unified Education and continue her advocacy for quality public education for all students.
In her professional life, Maritza holds the position of Chief, Operation and Program Support for the Internal Revenue Service where she has served for over 30 years.
- Board of Education Liaison to the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) both in English and in Spanish. 2019/2020
- Board of Education Liaison to the Monrovia Chamber of Commerce 2019/2020
- Spearheaded Inaugural and Annual “State of the Schools” address
- Spearheaded Anti-Vaping Campaign for the youth of Monrovia (on-going initiative)
- California School Board Association Conference 2019 – Speaker panel on our Wellness Centers, Community and Organization partnerships
- Masters in Governance Seminar – 2019, 2020, & 2021
- Member – California Latino School Board Association
- Member - Monrovia Rotary Club
- Member - Monrovia Reads
Maritza was elected into office in November 2018 and is bilingual (English/Spanish). Contact Maritza by phone at (626) 824-0826, or email at [email protected]
Selene Lockerbie is a Southern California native. Selene and her family are proud long-time residents of Monrovia, and her children have been enrolled in Monrovia Unified Schools since pre-school.
Selene is a Girl Scout leader and has served on School Site Council and the PTA Board at Monroe Elementary. She is currently a volunteer at Mayflower Elementary.
Contact Selene by email at [email protected].