Dear Monrovia Unified School District Parents Families:
On behalf of the Board of Education, I would like to wish each and every one of you a Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! The holiday season is my favorite part of the year because it is a time of celebration, reflection, family, and friendship. I hope that you will be spending some well-deserved time with your family, friends, and loved ones during the upcoming winter break.
I would like to thank everyone for working together to make 2022 such a successful year for our students. As I reflected on the year, there were so many moments that I am proud of and thankful for. Below are ten things that really stood out to me, though this list could have easily been much longer.
- Graduations: Monrovia High School, Canyon Oaks/Mountain Park, Adult School
- Monrovia Days Celebration
- Holiday Parade
- Gina Ayala Winning California Teacher of the Year
- An unprecedented championship run from MHS Boys Volleyball
- Full-time elementary school counselors
- Five MUSD Schools Awarded PBIS Medals
- Four MUSD Schools Make U.S. News & World Report Best Schools of 2022
- Students Get Free Glasses with Vision to Learn
- Paper 24/7 Tutoring Comes to MUSD
While the holidays are a time of joy for most, they can be difficult for some. As a reminder, our district’s Wellness Center at MHS, our dedicated team of school counselors, and partnerships with Care Solace and D'Veal Family and Youth Services are available to assist anyone who may need help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also a resource that can be accessed immediately from any phone by dialing “988.”
Please note that our winter break begins Friday, December 23, and ends on Tuesday, January 10; our schools will be closed during that time. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 11.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Ryan D. Smith, Ed.D.