The Village mission statement is to provide "A learning environment that is safe, empowering and engaging for all stakeholders". We work intentionally to partner with our students, parents and staff to grow and develop the program.
The Village Extended School Program is dedicated to helping Monrovia Unified reach its goal of creating academically rigorous educational programs that foster the maximum development of each student's potential. The Village Program accomplishes this by:
- Providing a safe, orderly and powerful learning environment for elementary and middle school students
- Creating curriculum and activities that enrich and support the student's academic experience
- Working in collaboration with community partners to provide students with opportunities for expanded learning outside of the classroom
- Providing MUSD families access to a high quality, student centered educational experience
- Offering students and their families an array of services centered on the student's well being, including; nutrition and meals, physical activity, Summer Programming and Community Service Projects