Welcome to the Monrovia Unified School District
Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year will begin on January 6, 2020.
Welcome, the Monrovia Unified School District!
You may register your student(s) Online, at the school site or at the District Office, Student Support Services.
1. Online registration for NEW STUDENTS will be available on (TBD).
- If your student has an IEP, please contact the Special Education department first. CLICK HERE to be directed to the Special Education department’s contact information.
- If you are interested in enrolling your child in preschool, please contact the Canyon Early Learning Center (CELC). CLICK HERE to be directed to the CELC website to learn more about registration information for preschool students.
- If you are interested in having your child participate in the Village Extended School Program, CLICK HERE to learn about registration information for this program.
2. Student Support Services, Summer Registration:
During the summer months, you may drop off your completed registration packets at the District office during the months of June and July. Your registration packet will be delivered to your school site. The Officer Manager will contact you upon the re-opening of the school office.
3. Site Registration for CONTINUING STUDENTS can also be completed online (date to be determined):
- To enter Transitional Kindergarten (TK) during the 2020-2021 school year, a child must be turning five (5) years old between September 2 and December 2 of the current school year.
- To enter Kindergarten during the 2020-2021 school year, a child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- To enter 1st Grade during the 2020-2021 school year, a child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- To enter all other grade levels, a child will be placed in the appropriate grade level based on date of birth, prior school attendance, and district guidelines.
- PROOF OF AGE - An original birth certificate is the primary source of proof of age. Other documents are also acceptable, for example: passport, baptism certificate, hospital certificate.
- UP-TO-DATE PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION - For Polio, DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus), MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chickenpox).
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY - Two (2) original, current utility bills or one (1) original, current utility bill plus Escrow papers, or one (1) current utility bill plus a Rental Agreement in parent’s/legal guardian’s name.
- HEALTH EXAMINATION - A health examination is required by State Law for first grade students. This health check-up is recommended at the Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten levels but not earlier than 18 months before admission to the first grade.
- DENTAL EXAMINATION – A dental examination is required by State Law for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten on first school entry. This assessment may be done within 12 months prior to admission to Kindergarten, but not later than May 31 following school admission.
Only parents or legal guardians are allowed to register students. It is not necessary to bring your child(ren) with you for the registration process. Legal guardians must bring valid court documents to prove their relationship to the student(s).
For more information, please call the school office directly as shown below, or call Student Support Services at the District Office at (626) 471-2042 for assistance.
Bradoaks Elementary, Mrs. Jayne Nickles, Principal (626) 471-2100
Mayflower Elementary, Mrs. Michele Costarella, Principal
Monroe Elementary, Dr. Lily Jarvis, Principal (626) 471-2300
Monroe Elementary Dual Immersion Spanish Program
Plymouth Elementary, Dr. Greg Gero, Principal (626) 471-2400
Plymouth Elementary Dual Immersion Mandarin Program
Wild Rose Elementary, TBD (626) 471-2500
Wild Rose Elementary Dual Immersion Spanish Program
Clifton Middle School, Mrs. Jennifer Jackson, Principal (626) 471-2600
Clifton Middle School Dual Immersion Spanish Program
Santa Fe Middle School, Dr. Geoff Zamarripa, Principal (626) 471-2700
Monrovia High School, Mr. Kirk McGinnis, Principal (626) 471-2800
Canyon Oaks Alternative High School, Mr. Flint Fertig, Director
Mountain Park School, Mr. Flint Fertig, Director (626) 471-3000
Monrovia Community Adult School, Mr. Flint Fertig, Director