If you live within the boundaries of the Monrovia Unified School District and wish to request a permit to attend another school within the boundaries of the Monrovia Unified School District, fill out an Intra-district permit. Our Open Enrollment policy allows students to apply to attend a school other than their school of residence within the district boundaries. Intra-district transfers may be permitted when there is space available in the school and in the particular grade level being requested. Parents shall assume full responsibility for transportation.
1. You must reside within the boundaries of a MUSD school. All Intra-district permit requests will be handled individually, not on a first come, first served basis.
2. All submission requirement documents must be included as part of the application:
3. Be sure to enroll your child in his or her home school because not all transfer requests are approved. When a decision is made as to space availability, you will be notified by the office of Student Support Services.
4. Please note that any permit may be revoked by the District and the student returned to the school of residence due to excessive enrollment at the chosen school, attendance, or unsatisfactory behavior.
5. Notice that failure to adhere to timelines will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
Important Dates for MUSD Residents:
Open enrollment intra-district begins.
Deadline for filing intra-district transfer applications.
MUSD notifies families of intra & inter-district application results.
Inter-District Permit Requests:
The Monrovia Unified School District will begin accepting applications for inter-district transfer beginning November 1 for the 2019-2020 school year. All requests will be considered individually, not on a first-come, first served basis. Please provide verification documents.
1. We are unable to consider your application for your child until you have obtained a release from your home school district.
2. Before your application will be considered, you will need to provide the current corresponding verification documents related to the reason (Child Care, Work, or Specialized Program) to include but not limited to: report card and/or enrollment verification, discipline record, attendance verification, employment verification letter or pay stub, child care affidavit note: your caregiver shall reside within the boundaries of district requested, and/or utility bill, history of special interest to include but not limited to awards, honors, certificates, coursework, student letter explaining special interest, video, photos, acceptance letters addressed to your student etc.
3. All submission requirement documents must be included as part of the application.
4. Be sure to enroll your child in his or her home school district because not all transfer requests are approved. When a decision is made as to space availability or release, you will be notified by the office of Student Support Services.
5. Please note that any permit may be revoked by the District and the student returned to the school or district of residence due to excessive enrollment at the chosen school, attendance or unsatisfactory behavior.
6. Notice failure to adhere to the timelines will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
*Please be advised submitting a future year request decision will be no later than 14 days after the start of the instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought. Inter-district permit requests are approved based on available classroom space.