Los Angeles County Health Department declared a local health emergency in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) on March 4, 2020. COVID-19 Social Distancing Practices Guidance remains in place. The Office of Student Support Services will be practicing the following social distancing practice with regard to your permit requests.
1. The notification delivery service will be via electronic mail unless electronic delivery is not available to the family.
2. Delivery of Permit documents to the District Office will be via email or in person.
If you live within the boundaries of the Monrovia Unified School District and wish to request a permit to attend another school within the boundaries of the Monrovia Unified School District, fill out an Intra-district permit. Intra-district transfers may be permitted when there is space available in the school and in the particular grade level being requested. Parents shall assume full responsibility for transportation. Open Enrollment will begin February 1, 2022 and end May 1, 2022.
1. You must reside within the boundaries of a Monrovia Unified School District school. All Intra-district permit requests will be handled individually, not on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. All submission requirement documents must be included as part of the application:
3. Be sure to enroll your child in his or her school of residence because not all transfer requests are approved. When a decision is made as to space availability, you will be notified by Student Support Services.
4. Please note that any permit may be revoked by the District and the student returned to the school of residence due to excessive enrollment at the chosen school, unsatisfactory academic progress, unsatisfactory attendance, or unsatisfactory behavior.
5. Notice that failure to adhere to timelines will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
6. Current year permit requests will receive notification within 30 calendar days.
Important Dates for MUSD Residents:
Enrollment intra-district begins.
March 30 or within 30 days of transfer request submission (whichever is later):
Student Support Services, secretary Emma McManus begins intra & inter-district permit application results via electronic delivery or U.S. mail
The Monrovia Unified School District will begin accepting applications for inter-district transfer beginning February 1 for the 2022-2023 school year. All requests will be considered individually, not on a first-come, first-served basis. Please provide verification documents.
1. You will need to provide the current corresponding verification documents related to the reason (Child Care, Work, or Specialized Program) to include but not limited to: report card, enrollment verification, discipline record, attendance verification, employment verification letter or pay stub, childcare affidavit, note: your caregiver shall reside within the boundaries of district requested, and/or utility bill, history of special interest to include but not limited to awards, honors, certificates, coursework, student letter explaining special interest, video, photos, acceptance letters addressed to your student, etc.
2. Be sure to enroll your child in his or her home school district because not all transfer requests are approved. When a decision is made as to space availability or release, you will be notified by Student Support Services.
3. Please note that any permit may be revoked by the District and the student returned to the school or district of residence due to but not limited to excessive enrollment at the chosen school, unsatisfactory attendance or unsatisfactory behavior.
4. Notice failure to adhere to the timelines will be deemed an abandonment of the request.
5. The inter-district transfer request to leave Monrovia Unified School District denials may be appealed to the Los Angeles County Office of Education within 30 days of the final denial notification. Contact the Office of Student Support Services for an Interdistrict transfer denial appeal meeting (626) 471-2042.
6. A student may provisionally attend the district to which he/she seeks to transfer so long as the receiving district agrees, the parents can provide reasonable evidence that a final decision is pending before either the sending or receiving school district or before the County Office of Education and the duration of provisional attendance has not exceeded two months; and the circumstance in which an existing Interdistrict transfer may be revoked or rescinded.
*Please be advised for future year requests, a final decision will be no later than 14 calendar days following the beginning of the school year for which the transfer is sought. Inter-district permit requests are approved based on available classroom space.
* Any request received 15 or fewer calendar days before the start of instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought - "the current year" Interdistrict transfer request - parents/guardians will be notified of the final decision within 30 calendar days of receiving the request.
*Permit requests received 16 or more calendar days before commencement of instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought, parent/guardian notification will be as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the start of instruction in that school year.